Contest_Notifier : V.1.1
This is a basic Linux based desktop app to keep one informed with upcoming contests on TopCoder and CodeForces.
Star the repository if you like it.
- Timings of Contests on TopCoder and CodeForces in your TimeZone on your Desktop.
- Proxy Support for Syncing the calendar.
- Technology Used
- Linux (Tested on Ubuntu-14.04)
- See the installation section to see how to install dependencies.
- Install the following modules in Python to run the application :
- Download zip file from here.
- Unzip the zip file and run python setup.py install
- sudo apt-get install python python-tk idle python-pmw python-imaging
- sudo apt-get install python-icalendar
- After all the modules are installed, run the application using : python ini.py.
- It is better to add the application to StartUp Applications as described in Usage.
- If you work behind a proxy, GoTo line:2 in config and make suitable changes. The format of proxy will be username:password@ip:port
- Configure your timezone at line:1 in config. A list of TimeZones is provided in TimeZoneList.txt.
- If you have just installed the application, Sync to update the calendar.
- To add the application to StartUp Applications :
- Press the "Windows Key" or Click on "Search Button" on top of Unity Bar. Search for "StartUp Applications".
- Click on "Add".
- Enter a name, "ContestNotifier".
- The command will be of format "python <path>".
- Click "Add".
- The application will launch the next time system is restarted.
- Today tells the contest on that particular day.
- Sync will sync the calendar.
- Clock will start a lapse time clock.
- The application is made using Python-2.7.9
- icalendar, Tkinter and pytz modules are used.
The program has been tested on Ubuntu14.04, 64-bit
For Hugs and Bugs drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org